work for us
Main purpose of the job
The SpaceStation is looking for a full stack web developer to join our Ad Operations Team. While you’re a wizard on the front end, we also want a backend expert with a passion for Python, a ninja trouble shooter and someone who knows their way around api’s and sdk’s. Every day will bring exciting, new and different challenges, but your overarching mission will be to provide technical support to our ad operations team and develop integrations between the various components of our ad serving solutions to create operational efficiencies and bespoke ad operations solutions. If you are familiar with the digital ad serving and marketing technology landscape and the Google and Appnexus api’s, that would be advantageous.
• Troubleshoot video player, mobile web, app and desktop ad serving implementations and issues.
• Provide technical support to our ad operations team
• Document solutions and workflows
• Develop a deep understanding of our internal and external technology landscape and build api integrations between our various product suites
• Conceptualise, design and implement innovative solutions to automate and streamline ad operations functions
• Communicate technical issues (both verbal and written) in a manner that is easy for a non-technical audience to understand
• Support project managers, developers, designers teams with the technical implementation of new advertising product offerings
• Manage and maintain excellent relationships with all stakeholders.
Skills and competencies
• A well rounded knowledge of the advertising technology landscape.
• Exceptional organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Team player able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects simultaneously
Qualifications and experience
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience in front and backend web development
• User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
• Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
• Data migration, transformation, and scripting
• Setup and administration of backups
• Outputting data in different formats
• Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
• Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
• Good knowledge of tag management and analytics platforms.
• Experience/ knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem, including Doubleclick for Publishers, AppNexus and data management platforms.
Please send applications to email@example.com. Applications close 31 March, 2018.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.
Share this Post