Main purpose of the job
The Programmatic Manager at TSS will be responsible for the day-to-day management, pricing strategies and managing partnerships with our core SSP/DSP/network partners. The programmatic manager will use data and analysis to identify strategic optimizations to increase revenue and maximize yield within the programmatic stack. This role will also partner with the national sales team in successfully bringing new business via programmatic executions. This is a fast-paced position for a versatile and motivated candidate who has deep expertise in programmatic and strong analytical skills. He/She will also have significant influence on the overall programmatic strategy and carrying it out in execution. We are looking for a candidate who can get things done to aggressively grow and maximize overall revenue.
- Manage programmatic stack and mediation across all TSS ad products
- Manage relationships with major SSP/DSP/network partners and revenue sources across all ad products
- Work closely with AdOps and the Dev team to grow relationships, active new partners and drive any integrations to increase overall revenue
- Set manage and implement pricing strategies (including floors) in an effort to maximize overall revenue
- Analyse sales data routinely across partners and various ad products to look for insights, challenges or optimizations
- Suggest and test new theories regularly, implement proven tactics as best practices
- Evaluate new potential partners, their fit within the overall strategy and their potential impact to overall monetization
- Stay up to date on the evolving programmatic marketplace and make recommendations to increase yield and streamline process
- Full understanding of programmatic capabilities, and an ability to talk independently about opportunities in client meetings and with the team
- Promote knowledge of programmatic buying and RTB within TSS and clients/agencies
- Experience working with multiple technology platforms: DSPs, DMPs, verification tools, viewability, analytics etc.
- A strong eye for detail, especially when distilling data into insights for optimisation tactics
- Come up with new/innovative ways to develop the programmatic offering
- Case studies – share and present the work of the programmatic team
- Proactively work with national sales teams to build client solutions
- Input into new business pitches using programmatic & RTB techniques
Skills and competencies
- Full comprehensive understanding of digital marketplace
- Proven record of driving value for clients (hitting client KPIs and audit beating results) and a strong demonstration of commercial understanding
- Full understanding of programmatic and running programmatic activity through DSP and/or SSPs
- Confident with programmatic technology and concepts with a strong maths and analytical mind
- Time management and organisational skills – working with multiple clients with both scheduled and ad-hoc tasks with differing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be able to operate effectively in a fast paced, dynamic, ever evolving space where technologies and methodologies of measurement change often and rapidly
- Great negotiation skills and commercial appreciation
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to offer strategic advice to large-budget advertisers about their programmatic campaigns
- Advanced presentation skills
- Advanced communication skills – working across the team, within the wider agency, with clients and media owners
- Excellent English communication skills – written and spoken
Qualifications and experience
- 2-3 years in digital ad sales and/or operations experience
- 1-2 years in programmatic experience (Publisher, Agency and/or DSP/SSP)
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Experience working with different ad serving technologies AdX, DFP, DCM, DBM, Sizmek, App Nexus, etc.
- Working knowledge of DSP’s & SSP’s (BidManager/MediaMath/RocketFuel/AppNexus etc.)
- Good knowledge of tag management platforms.
Please send applications to HR@24.com
Please quote reference when applying: Programmatic Manager
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.
Share this Post